NyQuil lies, y’all. LIES, I tell you. Here I am, exhausted, achy, congested, and absolutely miserable and all I want is a few nice, peaceful hours of sleep. But no. I’m awake. Wiiiiiiide awake.
What’s a girl to do with zero energy late at night? Troll food recipes, of course. Which isn’t helping the fact that didn’t even eat dinner tonight, or the fact that my teeth hurt so bad from today’s trip to the dentist that the idea of grinding my teeth to eat gives me chills. Perhaps tomorrow I’ll feel better and take on something from this list?
- Tuscan Lemon Muffins to use up the ricotta I made
- Orange Walnut Cake, though I wonder how lemon would taste instead? Especially with fresh whipped cream.
- Chocolate granola bars because I’m nearly out of my bulk-sized box of store-bought ones.
- Homemade bagels
- Homemade biscuits, which I have yet to get the hang of enough to feel comfortable with whipping up a batch for Breakfast Sundays.
- Galette, to use up the frozen raspberries from my parents’ garden.
- Coconut muffins. Because I’m addicted to coconut and I’d have these suckers all to myself.
There seems to be a trend here: carbs, carbs, and more carbs. I should probably go eat a piece of toast now.